The Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance has made it easy for you to save money and get discount health insurance. In Tennessee, there are eight basic kinds of health coverage:
1. Major medical: Covers most health care services
2. Short term major medical: Covers everything included with major medical except pre-existing health conditions; short term major medical usually lasts for six months
3. Hospital and Surgical: Covers inpatient and some outpatient hospital and surgical care; doesn’t include prescription medication coverage
4. Hospital indemnity: Covers a predetermined amount of the daily cost of a hospital stay
5. Hospital, medical, and surgical indemnity: Offers a mixture of what hospital and surgical indemnity policies cover; doesn’t cover major medical emergencies
6. Cancer, heart attack, and stroke: Covers only those three conditions and shouldn’t be used as your only medical policy
7. Accident: Covers accidental injuries and shouldn’t be used as your only health insurance policy
8. Supplement: Supplement policies act to cover everything that isn’t covered by your major medical or hospital coverage, as well as Medicare
How does having this information benefit you? Well, it’s much easier to obtain Tennessee affordable health insurance premiums if you first know what kind of policy you need. For example, if you’ve just lost your medical benefits due to being laid off from work, you might want to search for cheap health insurance quotes in Tennessee for short term major medical policies. If you can’t yet afford a major medical plan but want protection against the unexpected, you may want to try to save money and get discount health insurance in Tennessee for accident coverage.
In Tennessee, affordable health insurance premiums are just around the corner when you already know what medical coverage you want. Armed with this knowledge, you can begin your search for cheap health insurance quotes in Tennessee with a clear picture of what you want, and what you’re willing to pay.