To a smoker, the act of lighting up in the morning feels as natural as greeting the day with a big yawn and a stretch. But there is nothing natural about inflicting an otherwise healthy body with poisonous chemicals and toxins.
Nicotine is one of the most highly addictive controlled substances available on the market today, and quitting smoking is often one of the most cited New Year resolutions for people far and wide. The price of cigarettes has multiplied exponentially over the past decade, making smoking an even less attractive habit than it already is to many people. Still, many more thousands of men and women pick up the habit every year, despite the skyrocketing costs, increasing health warnings and the availability of advanced stop smoking aids.
Unfortunately, cigarette smoking has not yet fallen out of favor with the younger crowd as an acceptable, even “cool” social habit. These young men and women don’t realize that they are jeopardizing their overall mental and physical health just to look cool, fit in, or participate in an accepted socialization tool.
Smoking causes bad breath, damages skin, accelerates the aging and can cripple a healthy heart and lungs. What many people don’t realize is that habitual cigarette smokers are more likely to succumb to depression, and be subjected to higher levels of anxiety.
After they stop smoking, most people report a renewed sense of vitality, better health, easier breathing, dramatically reduced incidence of cold and flu, an ability to think more clearly and a much more positive outlook on life. Ex-smokers often feel a greater sense of inner peace and tranquility.
It’s ironic how smokers who do not want to quit view the act of smoking a cigarette as soothing and a great reducer of stress. In fact, smoking has been proven to actually increase and perpetuate overall anxiety and stress levels. While a cigarette may seem to be a “quick fix” for anxiety, it is actually the source of more severe anxiety.
Weight gain is another common fear of smokers. Many of the better stop smoking aids on the market can combat this problem by replacing the appetite-suppressing component of nicotine with natural, harmless, non-addictive botanicals. In other words, stop smoking aids actually have a natural ingredient, which helps stave off hunger, so that your body doesn’t notice the absence of nicotine.
Here’s what you can expect to gain after you quit smoking:
* A Fatter Wallet. Imagine how much expendable cash you’ll have in your pocket when you’re not spending five dollars or more on each pack of cigarettes.
* Increased Mental Clarity. If you use a natural stop-smoking aid, you can expect this change to happen almost instantly. These products can help to relieve the common symptoms of nicotine withdrawal immediately, so you enjoy the benefits of being a non-smoker right away.
* Better Overall Health. You will find that as a non-smoker, you’ll get sick less often. Your body will be stronger and better conditioned to fight everyday germs and viruses.
* Healthy Lungs. This is a no-brainer. Your lungs will be free of the daily onslaught of toxins, and because the lungs repair themselves pretty quickly, you can expect to breathe easier, and cough less.
* Younger Appearance. Almost immediately, you and those around you will notice the improvements in your skin’s tone and texture. You’ll be positively radiant in your better-looking, brighter skin.
* Healthy Mouth. Once again, perhaps for the first time in years, you’ll smile with confidence. The stains on your teeth will begin to disappear, revealing whiter teeth. Your mouth will feel fresher and you breath will definitely improve.
* Better Sleep. People who stop smoking can experience longer, deeper sleep.
* Less Anxiety and Depression. Your mind and soul will be healthier once your body has adjusted and cleansed itself of all built up toxins caused by the cigarette smoking. Natural smoking aids can also help clear the toxins out super fast, by giving your body an extra shot of antioxidant power. Your body will be cleaned from the inside out.
* More Energy. When you stop smoking, you’ll find renewed energy that you haven’t felt in years. This is why so many ex-smokers take on a more active lifestyle after they kick the habit. Where simply climbing a flight of stairs used to make you huff and puff, your newfound energy and better lung capacity will have you jumping on a bike, taking a hike, joining a gym or taking up a new sport.
Consider all of the reasons you have to stop smoking. Better health, increased vitality, a sunnier outlook and more money in your pocket. Naturally, life as an ex-smoker is the best life there is.